Cedar shake shingles have been popular among homeowners for centuries and are known for their rugged appearance. Aside from having a unique appeal, cedar shake shingles are recognized for being one of the longest-lasting roofing solutions. In addition, these shingles were carefully crafted to be sound and hail resistant, as well as heat-retaining. Serving as an alternative approach to traditional roofing, your contractor must have experience in maintaining and installing these roofs, specifically.
Altogether, identifying signs that it’s time to get your cedar shake shingles repaired or replaced isn’t obvious. For that reason, we put together a list of what to look out for:
When To Get Your Roof Repaired:
Typically, you’ll get your cedar roof shingles repaired when minor issues occur. If you notice any of the following signs, it’s time to call your local roofing contractor:
- You’ve noticed missing, broken, or loose shingles
- Small leaks have been identified
- There are small cracks or warps in the roofing material
- Loads of moss is covering your shingles creating moisture and mold
When To Get Your Roof Replaced:
While repairing your roof can be more convenient, sometimes it’s less of a hassle if you take care of your roofing issues by replacing your roof completely. Here’s what to look for:
- Your cedar roof is showing heavy wear in multiple areas
- There are areas where roofing material is split or missing.
- Repairs are extensive and costly
- Your neighbors are getting their roofs replaced.
Contact Us Today
Cedar shake shingles are constructed strategically in a way that requires professional expertise, whether it’s for the installation process or regular maintenance. Luckily, we are fully equipped with a team of specialized contractors that can resolve your roof issues in no time. Give us a call today at 855-904-2344 for a free roof inspection or contact us online.